Time for Tea

A blog about tea and all the musings that go with finding, preparing and drinking tea.

Saturday, August 07, 2004

Welcome to TeaChaTee!

Hello virtual void. Welcome to a blog about Tea. Yet another one? Yes - there's probably a healthy colony of tea blogs and sites out there. For one thing, it took some guesswork before finding a reasonable name related to tea for this blog that wasn't already taken by all the other tea connoisseurs, tea drinkers, mad-hatters, and general people for whom tea has some association around which they named their blog (like, say, timefortea.blogspot.com).

So what's teachatee? It's just tea, tea, tea (the second two being the words for it in Portuguese, minus the accent, and in German). It sounded neat. To me.

And the point is? Besides talking about tea, if you're reading this you'll probably have as good a chance of unraveling that question as I do. But the original idea, as I sit here and drink a chinese high-mountain oolong from one of my yixing tea pots (Lily; yes I name my tea pots), is to write thoughts on teas, tea rooms and tea customs - reviews on what I find or happen to think of while sitting in front of a computer being woken up by the morning's pick of tea.

So, hope you enjoy. Feel free to leave a comment if one comes to your mind. Perhaps we'll meet sometime in the virtual void for a warm cup of tea. Cheers!





4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now in a decaf lifestyle, I find myself needing three decaf tea bags instead of the usual two caffeinated bags to make a 16 oz. glass. My choices here in Fort Pierce are Lipton and Tetley. I would send away for stronger decaf tea bags if one of you tea bloggers gave me some advice where to obtain them.

6:06 AM  
Blogger HLB said...

I admittedly don't have as much experience with decaf teas. However, you may want to experiment with a decaf from Taylors of Harrogate or Stash; their bagged teas tend to be pretty decent. Both of these are sold throughout the Web (you can try searching Froogle).

Another option is to go with loose tea, which will give you much better control over how strong to make your tea. If you want to go this way, try www.uptontea.com. You can also order some disposable tea bags (listed under Accessories -> filters), they're just about as easy as using pre-made teabags, but allow you to use as much tea as you like.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Stuey said...

Dilmah tea...it's fantastic. Can't get enough of it.

3:47 AM  
Blogger bob said...

Hello Dear Host of TeaChatee,

No new posts for some time, eh? Was wondering if you would like me to send you some of the best tea i reckon you've ever tasted and get your blogging glory up and running again.

You could dust Lily off and give her some action again, although i hope you've never really neglected her.

If you would like me to just post a note back and we can be in touch. x

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home